February 28, 2013

Halfway There

One of beaches @ Belitung

I just finally realized that we also needed a good achievement at school besides looking for a knowledge. I never did and tried working hard for any aim when I was at Junior High School. Since being a Senior High School student, I rarely get a bad score so far. As what I said at my last post "Brighter Future To Begin". A bit satisfied, yet I still have to essay more.
A few days ago, I was asked to join Math Olympics. There were three students chosen; me as the only tenth graders and two of my friends who were the eleventh graders. It was held for Tarakanita students only. I failed. The time for preparing all the materials was too short, I had no time to study all of them. OK.
Today I was asked to join another Math Olympics. The different is in the difficulty (because of the material). I had felt happy to find another chance, but it all disappeared because I couldn't join. The grand final's dates were the 10th graders' Live In days. My parents told me to join the Olympics and not to join Live In because if I win (at least till the grand final), the certificate will be worth using. But if I join it, I will go Live In next year which is not with my friend(s).
At this such situation, what would you choose if you were me? 

But, praise the Lord, I'm halfway there. xx

No comments: